Five students from schools and parishes in the Diocese of Wilmington have been recognized as winners in the annual Vocations Guild drawing contest , which was held in November during Vocations Awareness Week. One student each from first through fourth grade, along with one religious-education student, were honored.
The winners were as follows:
• First grade: Gavin Jefferson, Immaculate Heart of Mary, Wilmington. The topic for first grade was “What does a priest, sister, brother or deacon do?”
• Second grade: Ava Beach, Immaculate Heart of Mary. The subject was “What is something a priest does besides celebrate Mass?”
• Third grade: Victoria Kappauf, Holy Angels, Newark. Third-graders addressed the question, “How has a priest, sister, brother or deacon helped you?”
• Fourth grade: Simone Mattucci, Immaculate Conception, Elkton, Md. The topic for fourth grade was “How would you see yourself as a priest, sister, brother or deacon?”
• Religious education: Giovanna Musemeci, third grade, Holy Cross, Dover.
This is the ninth year for the Vocations Drawing Contest. It is sponsored by the Vocations Guild, which was formed in 2011. For more information, contact Mary Ann Peirson at (302) 573-3113 or email@example.com.