As part of the Diocese of Wilmington’s 150th anniversary celebration, nine churches in Delaware and Maryland’s Eastern Shore have been designated as Official Sesquicentennial Pilgrimage Churches.
These historic churches will be open for additional touring and worship on the first Saturdays of the month during the 150th anniversary year.
The churches are:
• St. Francis Xavier Shrine, “Old Bohemia,” Warwick, Md. (1704)
• St. Joseph Mission, Cordova, Md. (1765)
• St. Peter the Apostle, Queenstown, Md. (1765)
• St. Mary Star of the Sea, Golden Hill, Md. (1767)
• Cathedral of St. Peter, Wilmington, Del. (1816)
• St. Patrick, Pilottown, Md. (1819)
• St. Joseph on the Brandywine, Greenville, Del. (1841)
• St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception, Wilmington, Del. (1858)
• Sacred Heart Oratory, Wilmington, Del. (1874)
Go to www.cdow.org/new/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Passport.pdf to download and print your Historic Churches Pilgrimage Passport.