The late Dorothy Arthur, one of the founders of “Catholic Forum,” the radio program-podcast produced by the Office of Communications of the Diocese of Wilmington since 1939, will be remembered on the show’s Aug. 7 broadcast.
The program, heard Sunday mornings on WDEL AM and FM in Wilmington; WAAI FM in Hurlock, Md.; and by podcast, has a diverse schedule of topics to finish up the summer season.
The following is a list of “Catholic Forum” topics and guests through August.
- July 24: Author Julie Cragon will discuss her book, “Visiting Mary: Her U.S. Shrines and Their Graces.”
- July 31: Local author Michele Chynoweth will discuss her latest novel, “The Runaway Prophet,” a modern-day thriller based on the Bible’s Book of Jonah.
- Aug. 7: Listeners will hear a tribute to A. Dorothy Arthur, one of the founders of “Catholic Forum” in 1939, who passed away last month at the age of 95. The tribute will include an interview that was recorded in 2014.
- Aug. 14: “Catholic Forum” presents Michael Davidson and Margaret Consiglio from the Cathedral of St. Peter, who will discuss the historic church as it celebrates its 200th anniversary.
• Aug. 21: Dr. Lou De Angelo, superintendent of schools for the Diocese of Wilmington, will discuss Catholic schools in Delaware and Maryland’s Eastern Shore as students and parents prepare to begin the school year.
- Aug. 28: Author and Mother Teresa expert Susan Conroy will discuss the life and legacy of the saintly woman who will be canonized on Sept. 4 in Rome.
Available on air, online and on demand, Catholic Forum airs Sunday mornings at 9:05 on WAAI 100.9FM and on www.1009purecountry.com; and at 10:05 on WDEL 101.7FM and 1150AM and www.wdel.com.
The program is available as a podcast at http://catholicforumradio.libsyn.com/ and by searching “Catholic Forum Radio” on iTunes©.